Stickhandling Series - Wide Stick Handling in Movement #1
This is Drill #12 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Stickhandling is an essential skill that requires a ton of practice. This is a drill you can create with just some pucks. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Set up 2 rows of 5 pucks. Start in the middle and stickhandle through each puck going from one row to the other. Always return to the middle position and execute a quick stickhandling manoeuvre. Complete de drill going forward and backwards.
- Flexible rolling action with your top wrist to cup the puck
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Extend your reach laterally
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on the center of your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck