1. Who can become a HockeyShot Affiliate?
We encourage you to join our affiliate program if you're a publisher who provides content related to hockey. We invite anyone that is a fan of the sport, coach, specialist in training, review content and or content that drives the right kind of traffic for hockey related fitness. That being said, we are selective - our affiliate team manually screens each applicant's website. Some common reasons for rejection include:
- Blogs without high quality content.
- Websites, social media or other that has not started to operate, under construction or unfinished.
- Websites without their own domain name (name.something.com, that is not a domain that you own).
- Website's that display lists or directory of information with little content.
- Coupons and deals websites.
- Social media profiles (meaning you have no profile information).
- Websites containing adult content, inappropriate content, or content that is illegal in any of the countries we operate in.
2. How do I join the affiliate program?
Easy! To apply, head to https://hockeyshot.refersion.com/affiliate/registration and click "join now". Fill out the form and our affiliate team will manually review your application. You'll receive an email with our decision within 1-3 business days. Should your application be approved, you'll receive login details to access your dashboard and within, you will find all affiliate materials.
3. How do I create my affiliate link?
Once you sign up, you will see this right on your dashboard homepage.
4. Do you use a third-party platform to track sales?
Yes, we use a SaaS software to manage this called Refersion.
5. I can't login to the dashboard.
First, make sure that you are trying to login to our affiliates dashboard by heading to: https://hockeyshot.refersion.com/affiliate/login. If you are still unable to login, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. How should I write about HockeyShot on my site?
Great question! Reviews and comparison articles are what we consider highest-converting content created. To get information that can help you write reviews, please email: email@example.com.
Commissions & Payments
1. How much commission do i get for each referred customer?
We have a flat commission rate of 7.5% across the board.
2. I just made a referral, but it wasn't tracked.
If this happens, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation and we will see what we can do. It is possible that your referral may have clicked on an affiliate link from another HockeyShot affiliate, which means the commission will go to that person.
3. When will I get paid?
There is a 30 day holding period to ensure that the referral is good, then payment will be issued.
4. Is there an alternative payment method to Paypal?
Refersion will be approving the payout process and they use Paypal. If you are interested in a larger referral opportunity (meaning you are able to bring in a large amount of referrals) please reach out to email@example.com
Promotional Methods & Affiliate Terms
1. Am I allowed to run paid ads?
Yes and no. You are NOT allowed to bid on any keywords or phrases containing HockeyShot branded terms and connot include HockeyShot's affiliate links in paid ads that impersonate our brand. We don't have any objections if you run paid ads (NOT using HockeyShot branded terms) to drive traffic to a page on your site that contains your generated affiliate link.
2. Can I get an exclusive discount?
This will decided on a case-by-case basis, please reach our to firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
3. Can I place my affiliate link on a third-party traffic source?
No. Referrals need to be made from original content hosted on your website(s), original video content hosted at third-party video hosting platforms or direct professional referrals made via your own professional network.
4. Can I refer my own company?
No, you can not refer yourself.
5. Can I buy a plan on behalf of a customer?
Please contact email@example.com. This is not a common occurrence, but can be done under certain circumstances.