Everybody knows that using a slideboard is a great way to mimic the skating stride in an off-ice environment. Not only does slideboard work develop leg-strength, but it also works all the other muscle groups that are involved with the skating stride as well.
In addition to strengthening your stride, your slideboard can also provide a more "game-like" situation to work on other skills like stickhandling, passing, or shooting.
But the fun doesn't stop there! Few people realize that your slideboard can also be used to give you a fantastic full-body workout... Including lower-body, core, and upper-body work! Here are a few of the exercises we showcase in this video.
- Hockey-specific Skill Training
- Standard Side-to-Side
- Basic Stickhandling in Motion
- Wide Stickhandling in Motion
- Toe Drag and Pull Through w/Attack Triangle
- Passing in Motion
- Shooting in Motion
- One Timers in Motion
Fitness / Conditionning
- Strength, Balance, and Resistance Training
- Medicine Ball Slides (Extended and Overhead)
- Sliding Side Squat w/Medicine Ball
- Reverse Lunge w/Medicine Ball
- Sliding One-Arm Push-ups
- Sliding Front One-Arm Push-ups
- Sliding Fly
- Pikes and Knee Tucks
- Mountain Climbers
As you can see, this is a really useful tool! There's a lot you can do with your slideboard, and there's plenty of versatility. With a little creativity and maybe a quick google search, you'll be able to set up fun and challenging workouts for years to come!
HockeyShot Slide Board Pro
Step up your passing game with HockeyShot's Slide Board Pro!